Re: shape outgoing/upload traffic PER-IP.

gypsy wrote:
Cristiano Soares wrote:

does anyone know a way to shape outgoing/upload traffic per ip?  I have a network and i want to limit the upload with 100kbit per user.
Ex:
192.168.1.20 ----> 1024kbit-DOWN / 100kbit-UP
192.168.1.21 ----> 1024kbit-DOWN / 100kbit-UP

Ive tried CBQ and HTB, but couldnt get is right. the only thing that I

Grab and read this file:

ftp://andthatsjazz.net/pub/lartc/ultimatePM.sh

The gist of the above is that you attach a u32 filter to place each IP
where you want it.

If you are doing NAT on your shaping box then you need to mark each IP address rather than use u32 for outbound, as traffic shaping happens after NAT.

Have a look at the KPTD on www.docum.org .

Andy.

Then visit Martin Brown's site: http://www.linux-ip.net/html/linux-ip.html more specifically: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/ADSL-Bandwidth-Management-HOWTO/implementation.html

for A Better Way (thanks Martin!  I look forward to your posts because
they are the only ones I really understand <shrug>).

Gypsy