Re: shape outgoing/upload traffic PER-IP.

> Cristiano Soares wrote:
>
> does anyone know a way to shape outgoing/upload traffic per ip?  I have a network and i want to limit the upload with 100kbit per user.
> Ex:
> 192.168.1.20 ----> 1024kbit-DOWN / 100kbit-UP
> 192.168.1.21 ----> 1024kbit-DOWN / 100kbit-UP
>
> Ive tried CBQ and HTB, but couldnt get is right. the only thing that I

Grab and read this file:

ftp://andthatsjazz.net/pub/lartc/ultimatePM.sh

The gist of the above is that you attach a u32 filter to place each IP
where you want it.

Then visit Martin Brown's site:
http://www.linux-ip.net/html/linux-ip.html
more specifically:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/ADSL-Bandwidth-Management-HOWTO/implementation.html

for A Better Way (thanks Martin!  I look forward to your posts because
they are the only ones I really understand <shrug>).

Gypsy