Re: wondershaper, host *exclusion*?

I have no real interest in doing anything with specific remote hosts, I just want to bypass the limiting for the certain IP range. I imagine I'd do this by adding something referencing 192.168.0.0/24 to an existing line in the script? Have an idea of which?

-Marc

Simon Oosthoek wrote:

Marc Reichman wrote:

I will research in the howto, but I must say a lot of the terminology goes over my head.

To summarize, my steps are:
1. create a queue with no bw limitations
2. create a filter for the 192.168.0.0/24 and point it at that queue.

Correct?

yes, however, now I think about it some more, you probably have a similar problem as myself (see my other (double) posting). The problem is that you want to shape the traffic in 2 directions, but the ingress queue (interface _before_ routing) is less flexible to manage than the egress queue (interface _after_ routing).

On the egress side, it's quite easy to add queues and make filters to it, but I'm not so sure about the ingress side. It might be possible to simply bypass the ingress bandwidth limiting queue for a certain ip-range (so you then don't have to add another queue for that). But if you want (like I do) to apply different restrictions to certain remote addresses, than the default, I don't have answers for that (only questions ;-)

Cheers

Simon