Re: wondershaper, host *exclusion*?

I will research in the howto, but I must say a lot of the terminology goes over my head.

To summarize, my steps are:
1. create a queue with no bw limitations
2. create a filter for the 192.168.0.0/24 and point it at that queue.

Correct?

-Marc

Simon Oosthoek wrote:

Marc Reichman wrote:

Hi,

I really like the wondershaper script, it works very well for me. My
question is this. Is there a way to get certain remote hosts to be
excluded from the shaping? I ask because I don't have my box connected
directly through the net. It sits behind a nat device, and has ports
forwarded in for services. I'd like to limit the ports and services, but
only to things going outside of my local network.

Is there a way I can leave most things as-is, and just say "don't affect
any packets that are involved with 192.168.0.*"?

I'm not sure I understand your topology, but I figure you're behind a NATting adsl/cable modem with a built-in switch?

You should probably add a separate queue which is not limited in bandwidth and create a filter for ip range 192.168.0.0/24 to be directed to that queue. The other traffice should be directed to the other queue which is standard in wshaper. I don't have specific code-lines, but you're probably helped more anyway if you find out how to do this from the howto ;-)

Cheers

Simon