First Post: Question on Ip Aliasing

Hi All,
I did a google search on this and didn't find exactly what I was looking
for.  Suppose I have a machine that has an IP alias eth0:0.  I have set
up HTB.init so that it properly throttles bandwidth on eth0, however
when I use eth0:0, it doesn't work.  I read elsewhere that it should
work at the PHYSICAL device layer, and should therefore work for both at
once.  This is not happening though.  Just wanted to find out if
TC/iproute2/HTB will behave like that: Meaning, are they supposed to
throttle bandwidth for the physical, AND the alias at the same time, or
do I need a separate rule?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
I tried setting up eth0:0 as a config file in the HTB dir, and htb.init
didn't like that at all.  I wonder if TC would react the same way?