Bandwidth shaping per users with pam_auth

I am using squid with pam_auth and delay pools to control the banwidth to
the inet access.
The problem, of course, is that 80% of the bandwidth is wasted.
So the idea is to make the same rules but with HTB or IMQ.
I did it by mac-address but the problem is that the users move from a side
to another one
so this doens't work.

I think to solve it using mark with iptables. For each user i apply a mark.
So then move to
the corresponding queue. But i'm looking for something faster than this.

I listen to ideas ...

Thanks in advance.

Sebastián A. Aresca