Re: wondershaper question

> Chris Winfield-Blum wrote:
>
> Hi I am very unclear about the wonder shaper and a bit of a novice
> with Unix all together
>
> I have a question for you and I hope you can answer
>
> Basically my office is getting a couple of people slowing down the
> network so ive been looking around and found wondershaper
>
> What I want to know is that can I rather than having low priority
> ports have it with high priority ports

Sure.

> And the same with high priority hosts...

Of course.

> Can I have it so that say for example 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.3 are high
> priority and port 20 22 80 443 110 25 etc are high priority?

Yes, but be careful with NAT; finding 192.168.1.# can be tough.  Also
remember YOU DO NOT SHAPE DOWNLOADS!  HTB can only "police" D/L, not
"shape".  You must use iptables or IMQ to "shape" D/L; I use iptables -m
limit --limit ##/second -j ACCEPT
    iptables -j DROP
and make sure that these 2 lines preceed any RELATED, ESTABLISHED
accepts.  Note that the real iptables rules include either --dport ## or
--sport ##, depending on what the rule accomplishes.  Note further that
downloads are on INPUT so I specify -A INPUT to throttle D/L.

> Also how do I clear the rules I have made with the script??
> If I want it to return to the default for example??

Read the effing script, man!

> Thanks
>
> Chris

Please don't post using HTML.

Here is a modified "wonder" script I call "ultimate"...

http://andthatsjazz.net:8/ultimate.txt

HTH

gypsy