Re: wondershaper question

On Thursday 01 April 2004 21:03, Chris Winfield-Blum wrote:
> Hi I am very unclear about the wonder shaper and a bit of a novice
> with Unix all together
>
> I have a question for you and I hope you can answer
>
> Basically my office is getting a couple of people slowing down the

I would seriously suggest you attempt the social engineering route first if at
all possible.

> network so ive been looking around and found wondershaper
> What I want to know is that can I rather than having low priority
> ports have it with high priority ports
>
> And the same with high priority hosts...

Wondershaper seems to essentially allow you to put traffic you don't like in
the dog house.  It doesn't seem to offer a facility to let you pick which
ports or hosts constitute high priority traffic.

> Can I have it so that say for example 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.3 are high
> priority and port 20 22 80 443 110 25 etc are high priority?

Not as it is written.

> Also how do I clear the rules I have made with the script??

Try calling it with the keyword 'stop':

bash wshaper.sh stop

Which will perform:

# clean existing down- and uplink qdiscs, hide errors
tc qdisc del dev $DEV root    2> /dev/null > /dev/null
tc qdisc del dev $DEV ingress 2> /dev/null > /dev/null

--

Jason Boxman
Perl Programmer / *NIX Systems Administrator