[announce] upcoming iptables tutorial 1.2.0, online and (possibly) bookshape

Hi Everyone,

It's been quite some time since you last heard from me but... it's about time I make a minor announcement.

Before I say anything else, I would like to let people know that I am contemplating printing a book version of the new version of the tutorial. If you are interested, let me know at http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/interest.php. If the turnout is large enough, I will make everything I can to make a printed series. It would be much appreciated if people could spread this around, so to make it known.

I have by now added 5 chapters to the iptables tutorial, updated most parts so that it covers 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, and iptables 1.2.9, fixed a lot of old bugs and problems, split down chapters to get a more uniform size on all chapters, et cetera.

The new chapters are these:

* tcp/ip introduction
* ip filtering introduction
* nat introduction
* debugging chapter
* graphical user interfaces

it is also updated in these areas

* Up to date coverage of all targets/matches in 2.6.4 kernel and 2.4.24
* Additional installation notes on different distributions.
* and much more...

For a complete table of contents of the current version on the writing desk, look at http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial-ng-toc.txt.

Thank you!