Re: is dynamic traffic shaping possible by tcng?

Hello,

 : I am working on traffic shaping using the nextenso proxy platform(a
 : product of alcatel)on linux platform, I wish to do dynamic traffic
 : shaping means on a fly, is that possible with TCNG??

I believe Werner's remark on this is available on the main tcng project
page:

  "tcc currently only supports static configurations. Dynamic
   configuration will be studied in the future."

See the very bottom of the detail block on tcc [0].  I believe there was a
recent posting to this list about another way to handle bandwidth hogs via
dynamic shaping [1].  And if you don't know about WRR, take a peek at it,
too [2].

But, then again, you may have considered all of these already.....anyway,
best of luck!

-Martin

 [0] http://tcng.sourceforge.net/
 [1] http://mrtg.saintjoe.edu/mrtg/ratelimit/pacemaker/