R2Q and more

Hello again,

I have several questions:

Let's take a real case example...
A connection of 256kbit split among some clients (8kbit RATE, 1500 QUANTUM -
set manually).
I use esfq to split the bandwidth as fair as possible.

Q1.	What happens if the SUM of all the clients' class RATE (+ the
default class RATE) is smaller than 256kbit? Will HTB work correctly?

Q2.	What happens if the SUM of all the clients' class RATE (+ the
default class RATE) is bigger than 256kbit? Will HTB work correctly?

Q3.	What happens if the ISP does not guarantee a "full 256kbit"
bandwidth?
(Suppose that I set my Linux box to shape 256kbit and my ISP provides me
only 128kbit during high-traffic hours). Will HTB work correctly?

In fact, I can tell you that it doesn't :( As I monitor with iptraf, I can
see that heavy downloads take precedence (as If esfq would not work at all).
Do you have any suggestions? (Besides changing my ISP :) ...)

Q4.	As far as I understood R2Q means the ratio between the RATE and the
QUANTUM of a class... Which is more "powerful"? The RATE, or the QUANTUM?
(e.g.	ClassA---QUANTUM 3000---RATE 8kbit, or
	ClassB---QUANTUM 1500---RATE 16kbit)

Q5.	The HTB Manual says that the sum of the LEAF CLASSES RATE must be
equal to the PARENT CLASS RATE. Is there such a rule for QUANTUMS?

Thank you for your patience,
Vlad Mihai