Re: Kernel Settings

Hi,

high speed traffic shaping works much more accurate if you set:
CONFIG_HZ=500  in /usr/src/linux/.config

And in /usr/src/linux/include/net/pkt_sched.h
#define PSCHED_CLOCK_SOURCE     PSCHED_CPU

Accourding to my experience, the above settings improve high speed network stuff enormously.

About memory allocation:
When using huge netfilter configuration (> 30000 lines), there seems to be a possible "unable to allocate memory" issue, I think it might be caused by kmalloc trying to allocate a continuous region.
I'm not sure about it, but if this is the case it could be solved by using vmalloc in stead of kmalloc.

Any comments from anyone here about the malloc stuff?

Good luck,
Jeroen.