Re: Multiple tc filter rules

Guten Tag Arno

> Well, I think it's easiest include the IP-Filtering into iptables like
> this:
>
> iptables -t mangle -A <CHAIN> -[d|s] <IP-Address> -j MARK --set-mark 1
>
> and then set up a filter with tc that directs the traffic to the right
> class.

That makes a lot of sense. I can see how to do it, it just means a lot of
changes in my shell script.

Another question, how big is the mark "variable" in bits ? 16, 32, 8 ?

I will need a large number of rules and I obviously need the mark variable to
be big enough to hold them all.

At the TC end, can I share a class between many filter rules. For example: if
A, B and C are all allocated each a seperate 64kbps connection, can they have
a filter that points each of them (three filters) to one tc class set for a
64kbps maximum speed or do I need three tc classes set for 64kbps maximum
speed ?

> Regards,
>
> Arno.

Jonathan