Re: Linux routing newbie Help!!

What you're trying to do is pretty simple.

Firstly check that you don't have any iptables rules loaded stopping your
forwarding:

iptables -t mangle -F
iptables -t mangle -X
iptables -t filter -F
iptables -t filter -X

then make sure the iptables policy is set to accept:

iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT

then lastly make sure ip forwarding is switched on:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/forwarding

you can also do this per interface by echoing 1 to
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/forwarding etc.

Once you've done this you should be able to get anywhere. From here follow
your HOWTO's to set up a script to use iptables for filtering and NAT, and
use HTB/SFQ for bandwidth control. It's all fairly straight forward just use
the MASQUERADE target for source NATting your private LAN out to the
Internet.

Regards,

Andrew.