Re: IPP2P v0.5 not working and more...

Hi,

> I'm tried to use v0.5b.... but it not worked. Now i'm using v0.4 with no
> problems...
There has been a bug introduced with IPP2P 0.5rc1 wich lets kazaa downloads
still go through but this bug was fixed in 0.5a. I'll take a look at the
current code again.

> The rule i'm using...:
>     iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -m ipp2p --ipp2p -j DROP
Rule is fine.

> remove the ipt_ipp2p.o mod (v0.4)
> configue the Makefile of the 0.5b version
> install libipt_ipp2p.so - overwriting the old one
> run insmod ipt_ipp2p.o successfully
> set iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -m ipp2p --ipp2p -j DROP
> NOTHING HAPPENS - Kazaa can download files again....
I'll review the kazaa code. Can you give me the output of iptables running
IPP2P 0.5b again please? If you're using different p2p networks at once split
it into serveral rules like this:
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m ipp2p --edk -j DROP
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m ipp2p --kazaa -j DROP
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m ipp2p --gnu -j DROP
etc.

and give me the output.

> Do you use any kind of traffic shaper? What's your configuration/rules?
As posted on the official homepage example #2. I'm not dropping packets im
shaping them.

> Well... suport for these networks would be great. And yes... i can do
> some tests for you.....
This weekend I'll take a look at this and the kazaa thing as well. I'll
report back to you here with any news.

Regards