email/ftp over one connection, all else over second connection

Hi all,

Just wondering what the easiest way to do the following is:

We have two connections (routed ADSL) - a 512k/512k symmetrical and a
1.5M/256k asymmetrical, what I would like is for all email and FTP traffic
to use the symmetrical link, and all other internet traffic to use the
asymmetrical link. The symmetrical link is already set as the primary MX, so
source routing problems aside - how can this be done?

Using IPTables ROUTE target? using IPRoute2 (ideally)?

The reasons for doing it this way is this company needs a reliable email and
ftp channel, but they also do a lot of "surfing" so I would like the isolate
the two distinct traffic types in order to optimise traffic flow.

All help is welcome.

-Bryan

Bryan Nolen
Lead Developer, Arc.Net.Au