Testing IP Tunnel (IPIP) on Private Network

Hi,

Does IP Tunnel (IPIP) works on Provate Network.

I read some howtos, most network which implement IP Tunnel (IPIP) are as below:-

(LAN) Router A ----- Internet ------- Router B (LAN)

(1) IP Tunnel is build up from Router A to Router B
(2) Host behind Router A can communicate with host behind Router B

Looking at this network, I have to configure 2 Routers, both uses different Gateway to Internet.
The problem is, I have access to only one Router. :(

Can I simulate IP Tunnel using the following Network?

(LAN) Router A ----- Router C ------- Router B (LAN)

(1) All routers ar on Private Network
(2) Using 3 Routers, I can segment 3 networks
(3) IP Tunnel is build from ROuter A to ROuter B

Please advice. Let me know if I got Ip Tunnel (using IPIP) concept wrong.
I tried on the second network diagram using "ip tunnel" and "ip route", but is not working.

Thank you,
Calvin