HTB shaping on the router with multiple LAN interfaces

Hello!

I have been using HTB+SFQ shaping successfully for a LINUX router with
one internet connection and one LAN interface.

I put htb qdisc and htb classes on eth1 (Internet) interface to shape
outgoing traffic. Then I mark the packets I need with IPTABLES -t
mangle POSTROUTING and put them into appropriate HTB classes of eth1
interface.

For incoming traffic (download) I put htb qdisc and htb classes on
eth0 (LAN) interface. Then I also mark the packets with IPTABLES and
put them into appropriate HTB classes of eth0 interface.

Such configuration works rather well for me, and I can filter and
shape traffic "looking" at a LAN user IP or at a port the packet
travels.

But now I need to add some more LAN interfaces and also do NAT on
them. I need to shape traffic for all LAN users, so how should I
control incoming (download) traffic ? Should I add htb qdiscs on all
LAN interfaces and do shaping ? But what about "borrowing" download
traffic among LAN interfaces ? I have heard something about IMQ device
and read some information about it, but I don't really understand how
could I use it in my situation. Is IMQ working stable ? Perhaps I
could solve my problem without completely rewriting my scripts ?

Maybe it would be easier to build another router with several LAN
cards and connect it to my working router leaving the same
configuration ?

                   | eth1 (INET)
              ------------
              | NAT + HTB|