RE: Paid project/Netfilter target to match queue backlog - Traffic Engineering

> Isn't the same possible in /lartc.org 12.3.2. Overlimit actions / and
> "reclassify" option /which i din't used yet/.
Interesting idea - Let me try if this works first.

> next, you must use IMQ to pass every traffic from eth2, /because as i'm
> thinking there isn't possible to do reclassify packet which is already
> routed to some interface, and next put the same packet over other
> interface based on some policy - PLEASE CORRECT ME!!! /
Only way to find out is to try it, I think.

> I don't know how to put all traffic which is destined for eth0, to some IMQ
> device, next police packets there by "reclassify" options.
> All the settings must be according to your full bandwidth of eth0, so all
> which is overlimit eth0 speed get reclassify to other TOS.
> After all packets which leaves imq, are routed again by system,
> if you have differented TOS routing, /if your IGP routing domain create
> such Traffic Engineered path/ then packets with such other TOS will get
> outside from eth1.
>
> /this is my teory, to correct or discuss /
>
> This what you are trying to do is somehow Traffic Engineering or
> Contraint Based Routing. I'm very pleased to be with contact with
> somebody who is intend/or already done with some work with linux in this
> topic.
Correct - that's exactly what I'm trying to do.

> Now i elaborate how to control distribution of MPLS labels which must be
> according to current interface load or even interface load with each QoS
> class /in linux/.
That's slightly above the scope of what I need right now - but it is
something I will need soon.