Re: HTB + ESFQ in nat router for shape incoming by ip

> I made a htb script for shaping outgoing in eth0 and it works great. The
> problem begin with the incoming traffic... Like other people said, when
> somebody in the lan uses the tipical download accelerator, the line is
> out because the bandwidth is divided by conexions. So, i decided to use

Only if sfq is the outgoing scheduler; other schedulers will give
different results.

> htb (with one class, filter and iptables mark per ip) for shaping an
> ceil traffic if it isn´t in use. All ok. Now i need to shape by ip, so i
> use esfq... but nothing happend.

If you want to share the bandwidth equally among IPs, you can use ESFQ as
root qdisc.  What your script is doing is creating a class for each IP and
defining a rate for it.

Rubens