Re: Bandwith Aggregation

Witaj Felipe,

W Twoim li?cie datowanym 13 stycznia 2004 (19:49:34) mo¿na przeczytaæ:

FH> I am working on my Diploma Thesis on Computer Science Engineering.

FH> The main idea behind of my work is to make it possible to have
FH> a Linux box combining multiple ISP/network connections together
FH> providing a single connection with an aggregated bandwith.

FH> I have been surfing the Internet and I haven't found anything
FH> like that running on Linux. I would like to implement it using
FH> iproute 2 tools, but I don't really know it it is possible now.

FH> By the way, I have seen that in the LARTC jobs list there is
FH> one called  "Multipath routing".
FH> Has anyone any idea of what is it about?

Yes, I suppose this is what you want - Equal Cost Multipath Routes.
This issue is discussed here almost every few days :( so for the start
just -READ THE ARCHIVES- and you will find everything you need.

IMHO the idea is well known but sometimes makes some troubles
(I have such a setup with 3 ISP and no BGP just plain bandwidth aggregation),
and there were much more examples in last year :) on the list.

For the start read my posting from 15th Oct 03 as an working example.

FH>    Thank you in advance.

Pozdrowienia,
 Robert