RE: sum of child rates exceeds parent rate

> > Note : The actual traffic flowing via that pc is around 6Meg to 15Meg
> > I assume the problem will come only when the traffic is more
> than 45Meg.
> Indeed.
>
> > Now if i create child classes whose sum of rates crosses more
> than 45Meg ?
> > 1.How that tc behaves.
> It will try to give each class it's configured rate.  An other
> problem is the
> bottleneck.  YOU have to be the bottleneck and if you send more
> then your
> modem can handle, the modem will be the bottleneck and undo the traffic
> shaping.

Wow wow, wait !

you can have 100 child classess in a sum of 100Megs, root class equal
10Megs.

the sum of all child classes will be 10Megs, and no more (if you ceil root
rate to 10Megs it at htb)

The behave of which child class get more /equal tokens than other you set
by priority parameter.

That is my theory with HTB+linux. With cbq many times total rate exceeds,
so i use it no more (it was not accurate). But HTB is accurate.

A.Binder