Multiple internet connections for Inbound and Outbound Connections

Hello all,

(If this is already posted in this mailing list: I'm sorry; I couldn't find
anything.)

My problem: I have two ADSL connections, wich I want to use for load
balancing and fail-safe. I also have some servers in my DMZ, wich have to
be accessible at both external IP's (preferably).

I've read the 'Guide to IP Layer Network Administration with Linux', in
particular section '10.4. Multiple Connections to the Internet'. But the
situation I am in, section 10.4.3, isn't worked out yet.

However, I did thought of a solution, and I'd like someone here to 'review'
it, to be more shure I didn't make a mistake.

The solution is a combination of the solutions in sections 10.4.1 and
10.4.2. I'm thinking of a router with 4 NICs, say NIC A-D. A connects to
the two ADSL modems, B directly routes traffic to the first modem, C
directly routes traffic to the second modem, and D balances traffic to B
and C.
NIC D is the default gateway for my LAN clients. Traffic for servers in the
DMZ will come from NICs B and C (and therefor be replied with the correct
external IP).

Would this solution work? Maybe there is an other (less ugly) way? What
will the performance of this setup be?

If someone would comment on this, I'd be very gratefull.

Thanks in advance,

  Jurrie Overgoor