Re: shapping over the same interface

On Friday 19 December 2003 12:40, Fernando Sancho wrote:
> Hi all
> I'm new to the list and new to tc
>
> I'm triying to shape incoming and outgoing traffic for every IP in a
> LAN. I'm using cbq classes because i need to use cbq.init script
> (partner's restrictions). Well, according to cbq.init documentation i
> have to define two classes for every IP
But you have to do this in a router with 2 network cards.  You can only shape
outgoing traffic, so you need to 2 network cards if you want to shape in both
directions.
You can limit incoming traffic with the ingress qdisc.  This is not so
powerfull as cbq, but you can limit some connections.

Stef

--
stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"