pptp, vpn & traffic control

INTRO
I want to set up some traffic control and don't know where to start...

I'm happy to do some reading but need some pointers in the right direction to
get me started...

I'll explain what I'm doing below so you can make your best recommendations
based on my skill level.

THE PROBLEM
I have set up a poptop pptp vpn server.  I've done this so that clients
behind firewalls can use netmeeting to talk to each other.

(ie: Each user connects to the VPN server then connects netmeeting from point
to point using the private ip that the poptop pptp vpn assigns each client)

Netmeeting will use up as much bandwidth as it can. (As I understand it)

I want to be able to restrict each vpn tunnel to xk (where xk might be
128kbits or less).

I also want to be able to stop users from using any ports on the vpn tunnel
other than the ones required by netmeeting and port 80.

ABOUT ME
I'm a newbi to linux who's bitten off 100% more than I can chew but I'm
getting there slowly...

I just worked out how to set up poptop with lots of help.

I have read all about compiling kernels but I still haven't got this sused.

I don't mind doing the reading if people just point me to material that's
relivant.

I've been following this mailing list for a while but I'm fairly lost as to
what most of it's about - I learn best by just having a go....

so that's what I'm doing :)

Thanks in advance

Cheers DiG

--
Don Gould
The technology exists to give every home 10mbits per second for $10 per month!

http://sourceforge.net/donate/ - Give a little and watch the love grow!

www.skype.com - sorry it's not a linux tool but it's very kewl!  Wish a linux
guru would make something for nix as good as this!
news@xxxxxxxxxxxx - Best information about DSL technology and trends I've
found yet.
http://www.linuxforum.com/forums/ - need I say more? :)
http://australianit.news.com.au/ - My fav IT news site.