TOS Header

Hi,

I notice the ultimate traffic shaper script suggests using:

 tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 10 u32 \
        match ip tos 0x10 0xff  flowid 1:10

To find high-priority SSH etc traffic by matching on certain flags in
the TOS header.

However, I was under the impression that the TOS header is no longer used,
instead replaced by DSCP. Is this correct? If so, does the above command
actually work? I've certainly not found it to be a particular improvmeent,
nothing like the improvement I get if I match on dport 22.

Is it possible to do similar matching on the DS header? Does anybody have
a reference for what the DS header contains? I'm rather confused about
what it is and whether it's of any use. I've found the IANA DSCP header
allocation list, but the codes given don't mean anything to me :(

Thanks,
--
Alan Ford * alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx