Re: Default Class

Hi all,

In my script, i assigned specific ip's to set classes, and assume by
default any other ip not matching my list of ips falls into the default
class. Consequently ave had occasions whenever systems that have ip's which
am sure fall into the default class, are in use, traffic tends to get
congested on "normal" classes...
I suppose you use htb ....

Yes i do :)

NB. my default class has the lowest priority

1. Is this meant to be so, if not how can i correct it?
It's not meant to be like that.

Made some corrections, added another class, and any ip not matched is directed there...
so even when the ëxtra non classified ips are in use, ave seen some improvements in the browsing speed ;)

now to get squid and tc working in tandem...

2. Is it possible to know the sort of traffic passing thru the default
class? If possible improve the rate of other classes by matching important
traffic back to a higher priority class.
No. Default class is used after all other filters are checked.

3. Can I also match by mac-addresses?
Yes : iptables + fw filter.

was afraid of this, didnt want to do any iptable markings, guess its all or bust...

Stef

Thanks