Re: Does -j TOS actually do anything?

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 22:47:06 +0100, Stef Coene <stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 22:26, Thomas Worthington wrote:
Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 805 packets, 97871 bytes)
  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
     0     0 TOS        all  --  *      *       192.168.0.198
0.0.0.0/0          TOS set 0x10
None of the packets are matchde by the iptables rule.
Are you sure you have to do this in OUTPUT?  See :
http://www.docum.org/stef.coene/qos/kptd/
If you are trying this on a router, try to change the tos in POSTROUTING.

Stef

I tried all five tables! It appears that I was simply misguided: setting TOS doe indeed have no effect as it happens after the priority has been set; a different filter is needed.

I'm leaving the list now as it seems to be a great way to instantly sign up for tons of spam (as you can imagine, this is the only thing that I've ever used this email address for and after only two days it's become a spam magnet).

Thanks to everyone that helped; I'll try some of the other methods.

Thomas Worthington