Bandwidth bounding in a Shared Channel (reused bandwidth)

Sometimes (especially with DSL) in my location when you bought a channel
say 128Kbps, there are some "peak" times when you can get even 256Kbps,
and another times the channel can go down to least than 128Kbps(in that
case the queuing discipline in the box would be doin't but nothing, and
the queue would fall into the DSL router). When I used TC + HTB the users
complain the speed has dramaticly decreased, and somehow they are right,
the channel are not using the peaks(call bursts if you want). How can I do
the queing discipline be aware of those changes, any idea; any
suggestion?

This problem could be present also in the VSATs where the channel is
shared, and the bandwidth allocated by use. Thanx in advance,

The new Congressmen say they're going to turn the government around.  I
hope I don't get run over again.
eject the proposal.