Re: newbie question

thanks

eth1 i guess..can I do shapping/scheduling on my LAN based on subnet ?.

|--subnet 10kbit
ISP---eth0-eth1---LAN---subnet 20kbit
|--subnet 15kbit

can htb or any tc do that for me..and how can i know my actual ceiling b/w traffic at eth1, so i can set it ass parent ? i have a 10/100 ethernet.

cheers
.:NewBie:.

jeremie le-hen wrote:

in this schema in what device i should implement shapping (htb)

ISP-----eth0 -eth1----LAN

If you implement your shaping/scheduling on eth1, then your LAN will be affected, but not the Linux box itself. If you want your gateway to be affected too, then put it on eth0. Furthermore, if one day you choose to add another LAN on eth2, shapping will also work for the latter without any additional configuration.

Regards,