Re: newbie question

> in this schema in what device i should implement shapping (htb)
>
> ISP-----eth0 -eth1----LAN

If you implement your shaping/scheduling on eth1, then your LAN will
be affected, but not the Linux box itself. If you want your gateway
to be affected too, then put it on eth0. Furthermore, if one day you
choose to add another LAN on eth2, shapping will also work for the
latter without any additional configuration.

Regards,
--
Jeremie LE HEN aka TtZ/TataZ                          jeremie.le-hen@xxxxxxxx
                                                                 ttz@xxxxxxxx