Re: Htb on trunked line

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 15:39, Kristiadi Himawan wrote:
> About your first option to plug the linux box to the switch and create vlan
> interfaces on it, i have try that before and the result some network can't
> reach because of arp uncomplete.

Are A and C on different IP networks?  With routes to each other via the
IPs on the subinterfaces on the linux box and they can arp for those
IPs, I don't see where the arp issue would come from.

> And the second option to put linux box between router and switch is the
> better choice but i face new problem on it.
> I already create transparent bridge (using eth0 and eth1) on the linux box
> and it's work.
> But the problem occur when i try to shape the link using HTB or CBQ, the
> filter always miss.
> I will try your suggestion to bridge every vlan interfaces in the linux box.
> I hope this is the solution.

Yeah we do this it works fine.  That is, with a bridge per VLAN.  If you
want to share bandwidth amond the interfaces though, you need to set up
IMQ, which I have not done.