Re: Proper filter syntax for matching Netfilter packet marks

> > But it apparently isn't working right; this is the only filter in an
> > egress HTB queue discipline, and all my traffic goes through the default
> > class instead of my special class.  This is as per "tc -s -d class show
> > ..."
> Can you check your iptables ruls so you are sure the mark gets placed?

In case your NetFilter rules really match and packet are marked, then you
should try using hexadecimal for marks. I know ip(8) interprets marks as
hexadecimal, although it's not documented AFAIK. I don't have time to look
at it in tc(8), but there are good chances it runs in the same way.

I have posted a mail on this inconsistency one week ago, but no one replied.
http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2003q3/010074.html

Regards,
--
Jeremie aka TtZ/TataZ