Proper filter syntax for matching Netfilter packet marks

Howdy. Sorry if I make a mistake; this is my first list posting.

I'm running into ... somewhat conflicting and incomplete documentation when working out what exactly I'm to do in order to tc-filter match against packet MARKs set by NetFilter.

The syntax I'm trying looks like this:
  tc filter add dev eth1 \
  protocol ip \
  parent 1:0 \
  prio 1 \
  handle 0x66 \
  fw classid 1:102

But it apparently isn't working right; this is the only filter in an egress HTB queue discipline, and all my traffic goes through the default class instead of my special class. This is as per "tc -s -d class show ..."

  Thanks for your time,
  Lance Dryden