Re: Howto deal with more than one isp.

> If i understand correctly, what you want, is the one PC doing the routing,
> firewalling and traffic shaping.  It has one interface (perhaps with
multiple
> addresses) that everyone uses as their default gateway.
> It then has one or more another interface/s that it directs load balanced
traffic out
> across the links to the 3 ISPs.
>
> You should be able to do this fairly easily with an equalized default
route and
> source based routing (for the return traffic).
> Then just plug in the firewall and QoS on the interfaces in between.
>
> Was that the answer you wanted? or did you want some specific examples?
>
> For the DNS problem, you may want to run something like dnsmasq
> (http://thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/doc.html) on your router PC, and then
add all the
> dns servers to your resolve.conf and add appropriate host routes on the
correct gateways.

> regards

Well it was close, 1 interface to talk to the 3 routers, the routers simply
forwards all trafik to em to the linux box doing all the funny stuff, and
another interface in the box, that sends the stuff to the proxy server
dirrectly, then the proxy sends out stuff on its second interface to the
same switch but just to the lan.

R=Router
S=Switch
C=Clints
A=Airlink equipment
G=Gateway
P=Proxy

R1 <-> S1 <-> A & C
R2 <-> S2 <-> A & C
R3 <-> S3 <-> A & C & G & P

Gateways external link to the switch.
Gateways internal link to proxys external link
Proxys internal link to S3

S3 <===> G <===> to P
S3 <===> P <===> to G

R1 connects to the switch in building 1, and that switch is connected to 4
clients and a bridge.
R2 connects to the switch in building 2, and that switch is connected to 4
clients and a bridge.
R3 connects to the switch in building 3, and that switch is connected to 4
clients, 4 servers and a Accesspoint that the bridge connects to.

Accesstimes across network smallere than 1ms except from airlink 1-3ms and
11Mbit but it aint bad at all.

hope it helps alittle.

btw. Gateway proberly will have 192.168.0.1 as ip but i dont know if i
should make virtuals on it or, i could live with just one, could i do
balancing on routes only? instead of interfaces? as you normaly have 3 nics
till 3 different isp's and then 1 or 2 to your lan or dmz, this is almost
the otherway around 3 isp's on 1 nic, then 1 nic to a proxy server and from
there to the switch and back to clients or the servers.

forgot to say that it does need to work for 3+ connections >=) as we plan on
adding 3 more with in a year if we ever get to solv this problem.