Simple PRIO + TBF at high rates

Hi,

I'm trying to slow down http traffic on Gigabit link. The outbound rates on
that interface range 0 .. 400 Mbit/s and I would like to throttle accurately
to any rate between these while keeping non-http traffic unthrottled.

What I do is to create a PRIO qdisc with the 3 usual bands (default prio
mask) and a 4th band with a TBF attached with the desired rate. Like this
(for 300 mbit/s):

 tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: prio bands 4

 tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:4 handle 40: tbf \
          rate 300mbit buffer 600kb latency 600ms

 tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip u32 \
          match ip sport 80 0xffff flowid 1:4

What it happens is that I actually get a slow-down but at rates of 200-250
instead of 300.

What am I doing wrong?

Javier