Re: active ftp - failing on just one of two interfaces

Meta question:

Can someone please suggest what the right forum is to seek an answer to my
question (in my post this is a reply to)?

I know it's not at the ftp daemon level - and haven't gotten an answer in
the appropraite forums there.

It's _probably_ not a routing issue (since the same rules and routes work
fine for a second server).

It _may_ be a kernel issue (but why would the kernel work fine for the one
line and not the other).

It's _not_ a firewall issue (dropping firewalls has no effect).

And it's a puzzle I need to solve.

Thanks,
Whit