Re: IMQ problem

> > I tried to make IMQ device to work... So I patched the kernel, patched
> > iptables, made all the stuff, boot to new kernel was ok, module imq was
> > there and it was ok to load it and 'ip link imq0 up' also worked and imq0
> > was present in ifconfig listing. Unitil imq0 was inactive everything was
> > clear and stable.
> >
> > BUT: Anytime I redirected any traffic to imq0 (with the iptables ... -j IMQ
> > comand), then the kernel crashed with "Kernal panic!" message....
> >
> > kernel 2.4.21 patched with linux-2.4.21-imq-1.diff
> > iptables 1.2.8 patched via patch-o-matic-20030107 with pom-20030625.diff
> >
> > Any tips, hints or whatever??
> I don't know if it's the case, but never give the imq device an ip address.

I've been having the same problems (I've also posted it to this list
with no success). I've noticed that (at least for me) the kernel panics
when I try to shape both incoming and outgoing traffic using the same
imq device, if I shape only incoming traffic, everything's OK.

If you find out something, please let me know.

--
Toshiro Viera <tviera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>