prioritizing traffic using PRIO qdisc

i am connected to internet through linux router.
I want to prioritize all SSH traffic over other traffic.
I tried to do this using:

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --sport ssh -j TOS
--set-tos Minimize-Delay

but it was not effective at all.
so i tried this:

# i think this creates 3 bands (1,2,3) and band 1 has the highets priority
# and i think than every normal packet go to band 2
tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1: prio

# marked SSH packets with 1
iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -i eth1 -p tcp --sport ssh -j MARK --set-mark 1

# all packets with mark 1 goes to band with highest priority
tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1: protocol ip prio 1 handle 1 fw classid 1:1

but the ssh connection was not interactive. My bandwidth is 256kbit.
Please can someone help me?

Best regards

Matis