port forwarding to different servers with nat

Hey guys, here's a basic problem I cannot seem to figure out. I've got a
box doing NAT for some servers and masquarading for a bunch of other
desktops. The way I have it working, I need to the give my NAT box one
IP number for the masquarding, and then one additional IP number for each
server it NATs for. That's a waste; I'd like to give the NAT box one IP
for all servers, and then forward to the correct server based on port.
(Yes, that implies none of the servers can run services on the same port,
and I'm fine with that.)

It seems like this should be a pretty common scenario, but I haven't been
able to get it working and I haven't seen any examples online. I'm sure
*somebody* has it working.... would that person please share the wealth?