[LARTC] Please check the follow script for diffserv

Raghuveer,

 : I would like to re-confirm the last few days discussion.

Good summary.

 : 1.  For shaping the incomming and outgoing traffic at eth0 I can use
 :     IMQ + HTB/CBQ with NAT(--set-mark option).
 : 2.  Another way I can shape the incomming and outgoing traffic is :
 :     incomming traffic at eth1 interface with CBQ/HTB and outgoing
 :     traffic at eth0 with CBQ/HTB with NAT(--set-mark option).

Yes and yes.

 : 3.  For CBQ I can use the interface bandwidth(using ethtool or
 :     mii-diag) and 'interesting' DSL/ISP speeds for the classes.

Yes, to reiterate Stef's posting of earlier today.....

  CBQ "bandwidth" (parameter)
      must be the speed of the real device.
      10Base-T card? Use 10mbit.
      100Base-T card? Use 100mbit.

  CBQ "rate" (parameter)
      is the desired rate.
      This is the bandwidth "speed" knob.  Traffic you transmit
      will be shaped to this rate.

 : 4.  HTB qdiscs don't need to know any speeds.

Sort of.  If you mean that HTB qdiscs need no knowledge of the real device
speed, that is accurate.  HTB uses tokens (replenished at rate) to
determine the rate at which packets will be dequeued.

It seems to me that you have accurately understood and restated the
discussion.

Best of luck,

-Martin

--