[LARTC] cRTP and RTP or other Header methods of header compression

Hi

I have the following challenges that I need to solve and I did some reading
and I need some input on this as well.
I have a VSAT link at my office and we all know that the more bandwidth we
have the happier we are. I am already
doing some Qos using HTB and IMQ on the link to prioritize specific traffic
and the next challenge I received is
to optimize our Cisco ATA 186 VoIP adaptors.  I was looking at doing header
compression between my remote
sites and I was wondering if there is anyone out there that played around
with RTP for  Linux and is it possible.

What I typically want to achieve is to have a linux bridged device that
collects the voice packets  from the Cisco
and then strips it of all the headers and sends it off to my other office to
another linux bridge and cisco ATA.

    Cisco ATA ---- Linux Bridge ---- VSAT --- Internet ----- VSAT -----
Linux Bridge ----- Cisco ATA

I was also thinking about doing PPPoE between the two Linux Bridges and from
what I have read they tell me
that I will only get 5 -10 % bandwidth saving. Is there any other method
that you guys recommend that I have
a look at.

Hope to hear from you soon

Thomas