[LARTC] QoS upstream and downstream...

>  Hi Thanks for your reply.One question - The lartc documentation says  -
> that in a NATed environment you should mark packets in the PREROUTING
stage
> while you have done in FORWARD stage - is that ok ?
I did this on purpose because you can check for incoming and outgoing
interface here (-i and -o).  On my box I needed both options and as in PREROUTING
only -i is available I had to take the FORWARD chain. This is working
absolutely perfect with me.

> Actually, I had asked
> this question earlier in this forum and I was told to mark packets in the
> PREROUTING stage. Similarly while receiving packets (downstream) on eth1 ;
> which stage should I mark packets ? I am not that conversant with
iptables.
> TIA,Rajesh
To my point of view it does NOT matter because you read out the mark for HTB
in/after PREROUTING stage and it's not important where the mark has been
set.  If you don't need the -o option to identify the packets just replace
FORWARD with PREROUTING ;-)

Cheers,
Mike