[LARTC] stops receiving traffic

<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I have some questions. Hope someone knows what is happening.&nbsp;I'm doing a project for my graduation related to traffic shaping and this server will be installed in our campus. I've&nbsp;installed&nbsp;Redhat 9 (athlon xp1800, 512Mb ram, 2 intel&nbsp;10/100 ethernet cards).&nbsp;I'm trying to limit bandwidth usage for 4000+ PCs. Aim is to guarantee 14kbit for each pc and ceil rate to 128kbit and i've used hashkey with 4000 classes.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>When I start to route my traffic to the shaping server, it runs fine and all shaping rules work&nbsp;for 5~10 mins but shortly the server stops receving&nbsp;packets. I found out that my 3com cards had high rx overrun and I've changed to intel cards. But again, after 5~10 mins, it stops to receive nor transmit packets. There was no rx overrun but little tx overrun this time. I've tested again with no cpu cycle saving and higher interrupts for the intel&nbsp;ethernet cards but the result was same and nothing was recorded in syslog.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Interesting thing is that when the server stops to receive traffic, other networks can not ping the shaping server. but when the shaping server can ping other servers or networks. Also if server A pings the shaping server, server A gets&nbsp;ping reply only when the shaping server pings server A.&nbsp;which means network cards did not die. Is there any default firewall setting in redhat 9 kernel? I've tried many times with rp_filter off and on but the result was same.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>