[LARTC] Ipsec Tunnels

Hi,

    Im trying to setup a Vpn tunnel , to link 2 separated Lans using the
Ipsec Tools , available allready with the 2.4.21 kernels.

        I found an example script on ipsec tunnels in  LARTC Guide.

            http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.ipsec.tunnel.html

            1. How must the racoon.conf look like for an IpSec Tunnel? (If
it is needed)
            2. What is the Esp number 34501 on the example script? Is it
generated? or is this picked up randomly by the Author?
            3. Do I also have to create a password in Psk.txt on both ends?
or is it enough with the following line of the example script:

                                                         -E 3des-cbc
"123456789012123456789012";

                    Im a bit confused here, and would appreciate any help.

                    Thanks