[LARTC] Please check the follow script for diffserv

Hi,

* On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 02:31 PM (+0530), Raghuveer wrote:

> How can I get the real NIC bandwidth for a particular interface through
> a script or code....??

I suppose, the output of "ifconfig" does not tell the real bandwidth
correctly. So if you've got an Ethernet device you can try to use
"mii-diag", which can be found at:

  http://www.scyld.com/diag

If you want to estimate the real bandwidth of an ADSL (e.g. PPP over
Ethernet) connection it will be much difficult, because you cannot
determine the real speed which is mostly limited by your ISP's settings
at their edge router.

HTH,
Steffen