Re: [LARTC] HTB for multiple users, good or bad approach?

Am Friday 01 August 2003 17:39 schrieb Stef Coene:

> > The script I've come up with so far can be found there:
> > http://www.metamorpher.de/files/ipshape.sh

I updated the script.

> Some remarks.  You define a burst on your 1:1 class.  You
> don't need this.

I bet there are lots of thinks which I don't need.
I'm not familiar with any of these parameters, mainly I'm just
more or less playing around with it. I removed this.

> And make sure that the sum of the rate of
> child classes = rate of parent class.

I tried that. I noticed that I was wrong at one spot, but
it should fit now, unless there are some rounding errors
(which, hopefully, do not have such a bad impact on things).

> Also, limit all bandwidth too less then your link
> bandwidth so YOU are the botleneck

How much less would you recommend?
I subbed 5% of link bandwith for now.

> Using different prio's for you htb classes can be tricky.
> Remove the prio parameters untill you understand what the
> different prio's does.

Yes, now that I read the FAQ on your page, I guess my
prio values were all to high. They're all between 0-7 now,
I hope thats better. If I understand the prio right, I need
them, because I want the interactive connections to take
as much bandwidth as they can get, even if the users are
quite active themselves too... I also raised their rates.
I reckon, though, that these settings still require lots
of tweaking...

> For the quantum problem, see the faq pages on www.docum.org

I read your FAQ before, and I'm sure I still don't understand
it fully. I use some (mostly randomly chosen) quantum values
now, just to make these messages vanish... hopefully they make
any sense...

Thank you very much for your feedback!

--
Andreas Klauer <andreas.klauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>