Re: [LARTC] Re: How to deal with burstable bandwidth from ISP ?

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 00:28, Stef Coene wrote:
> > Just a thought in my mind, script work ? latency check ?
> > i need to figure this out, because all local ISP seems to be applied this
> > kind of rule to make price for Internet bandwidth more cheaper ..
> Mhh.  Even if you don't know the bandwidth, you still can shape.  It's
> better to shape something then you don't shape.

Thats why we should find out how much ISP give with script.. Perhaps we should
ask for ISP help to put some file that we able to download all the time (just
for bandwidth checker). Those script always check every 1 maybe 2 or 5
minutes to check how much bandwidth left and restart htb with the new
bandwidth calculation.

Btw , thats only on my mind, perhaps it would be to hard to implement anyway..

Regards,
Rio Martin.
--
There's a fine line between courage and foolishness.  Too bad it's not
a fence.