How to deal with burstable bandwidth from ISP ? Was: Re: [LARTC] Over value in CEIL parameter..

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 14:45, you wrote:
> > tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1 htb default 0 r2q 10
> Bad idea.  Class 0 is a special one and I dont't think you want
> unclassified traffic go out at full speed ....

That because i dont want to shape my ssh connection & other connection from my
pc to bandwidth.limiter (:
I am still learning about fw mark to shape both incoming and outgoing
bandwidth from my network.

Please let me know how to shape incoming rate with Iptables fw mark
I ve done with the outgoing bandwidth but i still dont understand how to mark
incoming bandwidth from my ISP.
example:

/usr/sbin/iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j MARK
--set-mark 100
this is for upgoing connection from my local network.

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:100 htb rate 40Kbit ceil 40Kbit
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:100 handle 100 sfq perturb 10 quantum 1500
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 200 handle 100 fw classid
1:100

> > tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:10 htb rate 40Kbit ceil 40Kbit
> > burst 1 cburst 1
> Argh.  Remove the burst and cburst parameters so htb can calculate the
> smalles one for you.  I think that's your problem.

if i remove those parameters, it will exceed about 4 - 5 Kbit
if i use those parameters, it only exceed about 40-80 bit (:

About my ISP,
Downstream connection is burstable. I get CIR 512Kbps burstable to 1024Kbps
Please advise how to deal this situation Stef,

Thanks.

Regards,
Rio Martin.

--
	To A Quick Young Fox:
Why jog exquisite bulk, fond crazy vamp,