Re: [LARTC] [HTB] htb_dequeue_tree assertion (kernel 2.4.21-ac4)

devik wrote:
If you read comment above htb_dequeue_tree, it should be called
only when it is sure that there are packets inside of the level/prio.
It is known by other HTB mechanism (per-level activity lists).

Thus the bugtrap is to catch case where class was inserted
into activity list because it had packets in its sub-qdisc
but when we actually decide to dequeue - it has no packet.
It is weird - can qdisc lose packets even when dequeue was
not called ??

If you change the depth of the leave queue then it is possible to drop packets or if you completely exchange the queue. Which would also explain why the assertion only occurs when the configuration is altered.

Greetings,
Wilfried

------------------------------- Martin Devera aka devik Linux kernel QoS/HTB maintainer http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/